Monday, January 9, 2012

New year, new child!



It has been so long since I last posted. We have had a lot going on!! And on December 19th, we welcomed our little boy, Nathan Brent Davenport, into the world. He came a week before his due date. I had been having many contractions and he was sitting very low. On Sunday, Dec. 18th, we went to church and then out to eat. On our way home, I knew my blood pressure was high and I did not feel very good. We got home, took my bp and it was high and that evening got higher so we went to Centennial to the L&D ER. After running tests, I had preeclampsia and we had to have Nathan delivered right away. Thankfully, he came quickly after the induction and arrived about 3 hours after my labor began. He is completely healthy (and I am too!) and is 3 weeks old now. He is a joy!! Very sweet, laidback little guy, and so handsome. Brent and I love having a daughter and a son. Natalie is taking very well to having a little brother- "Nate-an," as she calls him affectionately. :) She is a big help to me- will go get a diaper for herself or him, cover him up, etc. She really is taking well to being "big sis." She is going to be getting potty trained soon, I think. She is very interested in the potty and being a "big girl," and at 27 months, I think it's time to begin that adventure soon!!
Having two kids vs. one is a huge blessing and makes life fuller and busier! It takes us like two hours to get ready for church now, haha!! :) I am enjoying getting into the new routine of life with two kids.
Life is good, and we are so blessed. I am learning in this season of life as a stay at home wife and mom to be content. It is a lot of responsibility to raise children, keep a clean home (after our little tornado of a toddler comes through ;) ), cook healthy meals, be the encourager my husband needs, and also find some time for myself and friends. The responsibility is good- it is growing me and I am learning to be more thankful. :)

Now, some pics of this handsome little man in our family!! :)









1 comment:

  1. Rebekah, I just opened your card today and was so excited to see the pictures of your growing family. How blessed you and Brent are! Love you!
    lindsay

    ReplyDelete