Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Picture Post

Beware of all the pics- there will be a ton in this post!
This past weekend we went to the beach. Sorry for my drama last week; I am in a much better mood now. Anyway, we hung out with Brent's parents and had a special treat- Gma and Gpa Davenport were in town so Natalie got to meet her great grandparents for the first time. We relaxed a lot over the weekend, went to the beach, napped, played a lot, and enjoyed family.
Natalie with her Daddy
Natalie and her grandma

My wonderful hubby and me


Nat's cool new Tevas her grandparents got her!!


"WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING????!!! CUT IT OUT!!!"

"What is this fur business and why don't I have any?"


So proud of my little girl!

Natalie was cutting her first tooth while we were there, so she was a little down and out, but she's starting to feel some better and that little tooth has just cut through her gum! It's exciting. Is it just me or do babies seem to have more pain at night when they are teething? Natalie was in so much pain last night from her tooth and was almost inconsolable.

No new on our house. The market here has slowed down a lot the last few weeks and we haven't had anyone else come to look at our house besides the first ppl that did. They ended up putting an offer on that house the realtor said she would pursuede them to get, so Brent and our realtor are filing a complaint against her. We will continue to be patient! It's a little hard keeping the house neat as a pin with just Brent and me living here, not to mention always picking up every little thing I use/get out for Natalie. But ppl do this for months, sometimes years, so I have nothing to complain about! I know God will bring that buyer when He desires! He's faithful so we have to have faith in Him that He provides in His time.

Random question- can I get some advice on how to begin slowly introducing more solid food to Natalie? I don't mean baby food all pureed, I mean like, puffs or cheerios, mashed potatoes, bananas; things with more texture. I am scared to death of Natalie choking so it is prohibiting me from being adventurous with this, but she is crawling now and I think she could probly handle a few things if I had the courage to try them. What did you begin with and how did you do it? ANY tips would be helpful, this is something I am nervous about.
Have a good rest of the week :)

2 comments:

  1. First of all natalie looks so cute at the beach! I was hesitant about finger foods too, but babies have a very strong gag reflex so they don't choke easily. Cheerios are the best thing, unlike puffs they have more natural ingredients and they dissolve as quickly. After that I gave Hannah soft veggies and fruits and she mooshed them up with no teeth. Good luck! It's fun when they start to feed themselves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lindsay. That helps a lot, and I didn't know that about puffs and Cheerios. I could eat Cheerios all day long, maybe Natalie will feel the same! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete