Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Random happenins

Natalie is 4 months old today! I can't believe how fast time flies and how fast your baby grows up! She's a big ole sweetie pie and so dearly loved.

Nothing much new is going on in our family. Brent is still looking for a different job. We don't like living in Raleigh very much and would very much like to move when and if the time is ever right. Brent may have to go back to school to get a certification to allow him to be qualified for any lab job in the country. If he takes the classes to prepare him to take the test for his certification in lab work, it will take about another yr before we can consider moving. We've talked about moving back to TN, but to the eastern part of the state near the mountains, we've talked about out west (again, to Colorado or there abouts to be near the mountains), we've talked about south Florida near the beach....... who knows, we just know we'd like to leave Raleigh when we're able.

We have the dream to pursue overseas mission work. But we have knocked on every door possible there and right now it's just not happening. Which is fine with us, b/c it will open when and how the Lord wants that door to open. Right now our mission is the ppl we encounter here in Raleigh and raising Natalie in a Christ-loving home.

I am very fortunate to have an amazing husband. I don't give him credit enough. He works so hard to provide for us, and never gives up on anything. He is a wonderful husband to me (most of the time- can't let his head swell up too big) :) and is a great daddy to Natalie. I'm very proud to be his wife.

Hmmmm..... we are going to try to have a yard sale soon. If anyone has any yard sale tips, tell me, b/c I have never done one. I have gone through our house and am collecting things and putting it all in our guest bedroom. It looks like a mess in there. Selling quite a bit of home decor stuff like lamps, pillows, a couple of end tables, some dishware, quite a few clothes of Brent's and mine, and some odds and ends. How do you list a yard sale ad in the paper? I don't have a clue what attracts buyers out of what I just listed. I am still gathering things to sell. And I'm proud to say most of it's not "junk," it's just stuff we don't use or things each of us brought to the marriage that we don't need anymore. Any tips would be helpful! I don't know how to price the stuff either. Really low? Medium and let someone talk the price down with me? Make all clothes $1, for example, or mark each one individually? No clue.

This was a really random post of all the random things going through my head! Maybe the next one will be more amusing :)

3 comments:

  1. hmmm I don't know many tips about yard sales. I do know that you can advertise for free on Craigslist which could help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should move to OH and I can babysit.

    ReplyDelete