So I have to let something outtttttt. For the past two months, I have been trying to get back in shape and make steps toward regaining my pre-pregnancy bod. I put on a lot of weight while I was pregnant, we're talking 50 pounds to be exact, lol. Natalie wasn't going hungry in my womb, neither was I. So I am doing great and exercising and watching what I eat, not only to get back down to my size but also to be healthy (most of you know I had high blood pressure while pregnant- well, it is still high and my doctor has told me to lose the weight and exercise). I have lost in total 30 pounds since giving birth to little Natalie; about 15 of it in the last two months. So here is what I have to vent about. I am working part time, and these two women I work with come up to me the last couple of days telling me I don't need to lose weight and how I am going to get anorexic and how I don't need to watch what I am eating. Meanwhile, it is my lunch break and I am about to stuff a large plate full of spaghetti into my mouth (not all at one time). I soo so so wanted to go off on those two ladies, b/c I thought, "What right do they have to tell me about something they know nothing about. There is nothing wrong with wanting to get back down to my normal size after having a child! I'm not starving myself obviously. I am doing it healthfully and to get back into good health!!!"
I don't know why this bugs me so much except that there are a lot of big hens running around that like sticking their noses in other ppl's business. And a lot of big hens who hate to see another woman, or new mom even, trying to take care of her body. And quite frankly, it's none of their business! If they want to get healthy and in shape themselves, they are more than capable, just like I am!! Any thoughts? You have to side with me, though. :)
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good for you for being healthy! I'm trying to do the same. :) Maybe they were trying to pay you a compliment but were just going about it the wrong way?
ReplyDeleteMaybe so, I was pmsing so it was the wrong time for me too, I spose. :) Good for you for getting in shape too :) I am proud of us!!!
ReplyDeleteI think Lindz is probably right. They probably just look at you and think you have a body image issue because you definitely are not a big girl! :)
ReplyDeleteI guess people just tell you different things to do at different stages of our lives! And you have a good reason to try to be healthy! They'll get over it!
You know how it is, when people arent happy with themselves they throw their opinions upon others. They are a bit jealous, a bit nosy, and a bit to vocal. Only you know whats right for your body so dont let anyone else ruin you getting your sexy back.
ReplyDeletelol thanks Heather. A chorus of "sexy back" just played itself in my head.
ReplyDelete