We're at a crossroads with our house. Without getting into too many details, our realtor has done a sucky job selling our house (empty promises, not having things posted online, not keeping fliers in our box outside, not responding to our emails or phone calls for days at a time) and our contract with him is up in one month. We are deciding today actually if we are going to lower our price a little even though comps back it up, or stick with it and in one month if it hasnt sold fire our realtor and get one that will actually help SELL this house. So if you would be in prayer for us about that, it would be fabulous.
Natalie is so much fun and learning new things every day. She is 9 and a half months old now. Crawling, three teeth, waving hi, saying "hi" and "da-da" and calling me "na-na" (lol, been called much worse!) are just some of the fun things she's up to! I took her to her new pediatrician in Nashville last week when I was there. She weighs just shy of 19 lbs, is 28 and a half inches long, and completely healthy and perfect. She's tall for her age.
I am still designing the home of Brent's old boss and it is going really well. It's modern and girly and a very fun project to work on. While in Nashville we looked at a few open houses and I began talking with a realtor who would be interested in me staging some homes for her. That would be a great side job, so we will see if it pans out. Nothing can be set in stone until Natalie and I get settled there!
Here are a couple of recent pics of the little girl :) Have a great rest of the week and thanks for taking the time to read this!
oh my goodness, Natalie looks so big (long), she is bigger than Hannah! haha I will definitely be praying for the sale of your house, I know that would be stressful. It will all work out and good luck on the staging job, that would be super fun!
ReplyDeleteoh and thanks for doing all those fun things with me in college, such fun memories!
Thanks for the update! We will be praying about the Realtor situation as well. I love seeing Natalie's curls :) Miss you!
ReplyDeleteWe had the same problem with our realtor as well, he scheduled an open house and I discovered it wasnt even advertised like it was supposed to be. We had 2 mishaps with him and I let the first slide but not the 2nd. Needless to say he got chewed out by me and I told him that if it happened again that I would be listing with another realtor. He got better after that when he realized that I was checking things behind him and would break the contract based upon his failure to do his job. Either have a discussion with the realtor and point out these things and let them know you are not happy at all and see if that helps or find another realtor. I know people are usually leary of new realtors because they are still learning but they are also the most enthusiastic about making a sell and usually go over and beyond to get the job done. Either way a conversation needs to take place and you might want to have realtors manager there as well. Its uncomfortable but just remember that they are working for you, its your house, your trying to get out of there and they could be holding you back. They get paid to sell your house so they either want the commission and will do whatever it takes or they are just not interested in doing what it takes because they are too busy or lazy. You have to let them know to take you seriously and that you are driving this sell and if they can not fulfill the promises then others out there will be happy to do it. You can break the contract if they arent doing their job. If you are having doubts that the realtor can sell your house then its time to move to another one. You want someone that wants and needs to sell your house as much as you want it. I hope this helps, just remember its all business nothing personal and its a business deal when all is said and done.
ReplyDeleteThanks Heather, it is helpful. Brent had chewed him out, but I think he is about to again actually. I need to look into the specifics of breaking the contract with him. We are looking for a new realtor right now and would never recommend this guy- it's unfortunate!
ReplyDelete