Thursday, February 10, 2011

Updates Finally

Hey! I have put off blogging waaaaay too long. I'm not sure what my hesitancy has been to come back, but anyway, here's a new post!

The last few months have been full. Full of a lot of life changing events. Natalie and I are living here in TN with Brent, thankfully. I love seeing my sweet husband regularly! Our house as of today is still for sale, but we've had four showings in the past 3 days which is a huge blessing and is optimistic.

On December 15th, my aunt and uncle whom we have been living with were in a horrible car accident just a couple of miles from home. They slid on black ice and hit a tree. My aunt got out of the unharmed, my uncle Donnie died Dec. 19th at Vanderbilt from major trauma to his brain. This has been so difficult to comprehend and come to grips with. It happened so suddenly. Brent and I have been living with them since June. I am still grieving the loss of my uncle, especially for my aunt's sake. She and he were so happy together; they truly loved each other, and had only been married just shy of 3 yrs. With this all said, please pray for my aunt Susan. She is an extremely special, wonderful lady who is hurting so much right now.

I have decided in the last few months that I am going to go back to school starting this summer to get my BSN to become an RN. I am very very very very very excited and anxious to begin. I have such a strong desire to serve through nursing; caring for ppl in their time of need. I truly believe it is a career God is gearing me up for, and am so excited (and a little apprehensive.... naturally!) to begin.

We are set to move into my grandmother's house we are renting in the next few weeks. We are so humbled and blessed to have a place to live for our little family again.

If you've made it this far in this post, I know you have to be wondering "what in the world is that little Natalie up to!?" Well, here you go :):

She gave up her crawl about a month and a half ago and decided to give walking a try. She was really scared to in the beginning, but now she loves walking and walks all over the place. She's beginning to run, well, walk really really fast. ;) She'll be running by the end of next week!

She has 10 teeth and is cutting two more right now.

She's not much interested in TV (which I'm glad of) and she loves books. She likes being read to and can look at books for an hour+. I just have to be careful those little teethies aren't chompin off a corner ;).

She is able to feed herself using a fork.

She also loves to be in the kitchen with me when I'm cooking. She likes seeing what the inside of the pot is looking like or tasting a little something I'm making. It's so neat to have a little helper.

She is the sweetest little girl with a goofy side to her too. I love it when we both just look at each other and crack up laughing over something silly.

She still loves her Minnie. She also has a new fasination with dogs. Dog stuffed animals, real dogs, dogs barking, dogs on tv, etc. She will say "dog! dog!"

When we pray: when we say amen, Natalie will say her own version of "amen" which is usually a big "ayyyyya" or something near that signifying "amen, thank you Lord and let's eat.... please." :)

Words she says: hi, heyyyya, bye, Minnie (pronounced Dinnie), pretty, dog, mama, daddy, no, juice, down, up, done, book, kitty, thank you, here, this, that---- all the ones I can think of

Thanks for taking the time to read this! I can't promise to update regularly right now, but this was a good accomplishment! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad we got to talk on the phone a few weeks ago. I'm excited for all the new things happening in your life and hope we can get the girls together soon :)

    ReplyDelete